Santa Barbara County wildlife removal - article of the month
Rat traps that work
Rats are found on most continents. Not only will they cause considerable Santa Barbara County bird control damage to our home, if left unchecked, they also spread disease. If you become aware of a rat in your home, the chances are that it is not alone. Many species of rat breed throughout the year, meaning that there could be a whole infestation of rats before you even realize they are there.
It is critical to get rid of them before it becomes a Santa Barbara County rodent extermination problem. The best course of action would be to contact someone who is skilled in getting rid of vermin. Before you do that, you can try and get rid of them yourself. There are numerous rat traps available that promises to remedy your problem. There are extremely few that actually work.
Rat traps that work
You will need to decide whether you want a lethal or non-lethal Santa Barbara County rat control trap.
· Electric traps. Contrary to the traditional traps, electric Santa Barbara County bat removal traps kill the rat immediately. You will not be left with an injured creature that you need to put out of its misery. You simply bait the trap, insert the battery and leave it where a rat can easily access it. Once the rat enters it will step on a metal plate, that will complete the circuit and send a large jolt of electricity through the rat. It will be killed instantly. You can then tip the rat into a bag and get rid of it.
· You can use a baited cage to live trap a rat. Once you have captured the rat you need to relocate it to the desired location. Most states do not permit the release of nuisance rodents and require you to kill it once you have caught it. This can be done by placing the cage in a bag and inserting a pipe attached to your car's tailpipe. The carbon monoxide is a painless way to kill the rat as it will simply “fall asleep.”
Baiting the trap
Contrary to conventional belief, cheese is not the most effective bait to trap a rat. Peanut butter is one of the most efficient ways to catch a black rat. Because they are herbivores they will not be interested in cheese or smelly fish. Brown rats are less picky about what they eat. They are omnivores and as long as you use a strong-smelling substance they can easily be lured into your trap.
Tips for capturing your critter
Rats are fast and are known for stealing the cheese out of Santa Barbara County snake removal traps and getting away unscathed. Make sure you are prepared for this.
· Place your traps along the wall. Rats use their whiskers to feel where they are going, and they like to stay out of sight.
· Use multiple traps. This will increase your chances of getting rid of your house guest quickly.
· Trap them outside before they get into your home. This means that they will be unable to inflict any Santa Barbara County raccoon removal damage.
· Make sure that you are using a big enough trap. A mouse trap will not catch a rat.
· Don't touch your pets before setting the trap. The smell will scare rats away.
Other Santa Barbara County animal pest control topics:
What are the most common types of Santa Barbara County animals that poop on or in buildings?
What is Santa Barbara County white nose syndrome?
Common Snakes of Santa Barbara County
Will the Santa Barbara County animal services help me with a wild animal issue?
If you're looking for a wildlife control company that will treat both you and the animals courteously and with respect, you've come to the right place. That's what we promise to do, and seeing as we've been voted as the #1 wildlife control company for three years in a row, we reckon we're doing a good job at delivering that service. Our customers are happy, and that's because we do the full job. We will use a 32-point inspection process to look over your home and identify holes and cracks that are being used as doorways. Exclusion devices and live cage traps will be used to get the animals out so they can't get back in again, and once we're sure there is nothing left in your building that should be there - residential or commercial - we'll seal up all the holes so tightly, those wild animals will never be able to back inside your home again. Isn't that the kind of job you're looking for? That's not all though - we do so much more than that. We'll repair any damage the wild animal will have left for you, and we'll clean up any waste matter to eradicate the threat of disease. We'll even educate you as to how you can further protect your home, and we'll do all of that smiling too! When you see our prices, you'll be smiling too - they're very competitive. Give us a call today to find out what our wildlife control services can do for you and your home or business.
We service Kern County, San Luis Obispo County, Ventura County, and more.
We also service Buellton, Lompoc, Carpinteria,
Goleta, Santa Maria,
Guadalupe, Solvang, Ballard, Los Alamos, New Cuyama, Toro Canyon,
Casmalia, Los Olivos, Orcutt, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Garey, Mission Hills,
Mission Canyon, Santa Ynze, Vandenburg Village, Isla Vista, Montecito, Summerland,
Sisquoc, Gaviota, Hollister Ranch, Hope Ranch, Painted Cave, Surf, Ventucopa, and more.
We are ready to solve your Santa Barbara County wildlife removal issue!